Lil’ Kickers: Soccer
$13.50 per class
Welcome to the Winter 2019/2020 – Lil’ Kickers Program!
Classes run from December 2, 2019 – February 29, 2020
About Lil’ Kickers
Step onto the field during any Lil’ Kickers class and you will find it transformed into a world created just for your child. Our well-trained coaches will thrill your child with 50 minutes of highly creative, high energy and age-appropriate activities that serve as a great introduction to soccer, and help children master developmental milestones.
Because Lil’ Kickers is first and foremost a child development program our purpose is really to help children mature on all levels. Our program focuses on helping children build a strong physical, intellectual and emotional skills that will help them be successful on and off the soccer field. We believe in teaching children in ways that suit their developmental level. So, you won’t see adult-like skill drills in our classes, but you will see teaching methods specifically designed to create an atmosphere that is effective and fun. You will also see happy, confident and sweaty kids who are eager to learn and want to keep coming back for more.
Whether your child is new to soccer or has already developed a love for the game, the progressive nature of Lil’ Kickers offers a place for children at every level. Our convenient class times provide families options to accommodate multiple children and busy schedules.
Enrollment is always open and classes are pro-rated!
To learn more about the Lil’ Kickers program, visit www.lilkickers.com.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Youth Development Director, Seth Perdue, at [email protected]
Not sure where to place your child? We have a variety of classes for ages 18 months – 9 years.
*Click the + buttons on the right of the name to expand the description.
Bunnies (18-24 Months) - Parent & Child Classes
Bunnies classes introduce toddlers to soccer with games that allow them to run, play as a group and kick a ball. They gain basic soccer skills while building fundamental skills such as balance and coordination. Classes incorporate activities that are geared toward a toddler’s unique way of learning and including parachutes, bubbles, noodles, cones, lots of goal scoring and more.
- Bunnies classes are 50 minutes long
- Parent participation is required
- The ratio for Bunnies classes is 15:1 w/parents on the field
Thumpers (2-3 Years) - Parent & Child Classes
Parents and kids, led by one of our instructors, play organized games together to develop listening skills, balance, ball skills and foot-eye coordination. Thumpers is the ideal next step for Bunnies veterans who are not yet old enough for the Hoppers level, and a perfect introduction to Lil’ Kickers for new players.
- Thumpers classes are 50 minutes long
- Parent participation is required
- The ratio for Thumpers classes is 12:1 w/parents on the field
Cottontails (2.5-3.5 Years) - Parent & Child Classes
Cottontails is a class designed for children who are ready for more of a challenge than a Thumpers class, but who are not quite ready to be on the field without a parent or caregiver. The Cottontails curriculum is designed to build fundamental skills such as balance, coordination, and ball kicking. Cottontails classes also offer another component-helping your child build a sense of independence. As children progress through the session and become ready for more independence, parents can choose to transition to a less active role in the class.
- Cottontails classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Cottontails is 7:1 w/parents on the field
Hoppers (3-4 Years) - Beginners
Hoppers classes are designed to be fun and fast paced. Classes focus on increasing balancing skills, coordination and fundamental soccer skills. We utilize creative games and help kids develop listening skills, cooperation and teamwork. Hoppers classes are the first class where children participate independently.
- Hoppers classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Hoppers classes is 7:1
Jackrabbits (3-4 Years) - Intermediate
Jackrabbits classes are designed to help transition children into non-competitive team play. Children play creative games to develop fundamental soccer skills and will also be introduced to more one-ball oriented games and scrimmaging. The focus of the scrimmages will be to help players understand how to apply skills in different situations and building teamwork. Some small sided non-competitive soccer games are introduced.
- Jackrabbits classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Jackrabbits is 7:1
Big Feet (5-6 Years) - Beginners
Big Feet classes are for five and six year-olds who have not played soccer before. These classes concentrate on giving beginning kids a set of basic soccer skills (dribbling, passing, trapping, scoring) and some confidence on the field. Kids will be introduced to the ideas of sportsmanship and team play. Kids will play some small-sided, non-competitive soccer games to help prepare them for Micro Classes.
- Big Feet classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Big Feet classes is 12:1
Micro 4/5 (4-5 years)
Micro Classes are developmental and non-competitive for intermediate kids ages 4-9 years designed to enhance individual and team skills, with an emphasis on fun and safety. Micro Classes are for kids who have played soccer before either in Lil Kickers or another program. Format
- 50 minutes of class time with 15-20 minutes of instruction and 20-25 minutes of scrimmaging
- Teams will field no more than four players at a time
- Everyone gets equal playing time
- There will be no goalies
- We will not keep score or league standings
- The ratio for Micro Class is 12:1
Micro Advanced 5/6 (5-6 years)
Designed to meet the needs of the more advanced players, Micro Advanced classes combine a small child-to-coach ratio with a challenging curriculum to create a rewarding soccer experience that is more clinical in nature. Children in these classes will be introduced to more complex soccer skills and tactics and will be given opportunities to practice these during scrimmages. The focus is more clinical but the classes continue to also emphasize fun and effort.
The player-to-coach ratio for Micro Advanced 5-6 classes is 8 to 1.
Micro 6/7 (6-7 Years)
Micro 6/7 classes are for six and seven year olds with previous soccer experience who are ready for more of a challenge. Classes balance the use of fun games and technical drills with non-competitive scrimmaging to teach new skills each week.
- Micro 6/7 classes are 50 minutes with 15-20 minutes of instruction and 20-25 minutes of non-competitive scrimmaging.
- The class ratio is 12:1
Micro Advanced 7/8 (7-8 years)
Micro Advanced 7-8 are the top-level classes for the Lil’ Kickers program. Classes focus on advanced skill building through age-appropriate drills and small-sided scrimmages while still maintaining a non-competitive atmosphere. The goals of the class are to help players acquire an overall comprehension of the technical and tactical aspects of soccer—developing greater field awareness, stronger decision making skills and quicker reactions—so effective team play becomes second nature. Classes meet weekly for 50 minutes.
The player-to-coach ratio for Micro Advanced 7-8 classes is 8 to 1.
Micro 8/9 (8-9 years)
- Micro 8/9 classes are for eight and nine year olds with previous soccer experience who are ready for more of a challenge. Classes balance the use of fun games and technical drills with non-competitive scrimmaging to teach new skills each week.
- Micro 8/9 classes are 50 minutes with 15-20 minutes of instruction and 20-25 minutes of non-competitive scrimmaging.
- The class ratio is 12:1.
- Classes are once per week and are 50 minutes long.
- Times and classes are subject to change.
- Dangerous, disruptive or disrespectful behaviors will be dealt with case-by-case and could result in the loss of privilege to participate. No refunds or credits will be issued if your child is unable to participate due to negative behaviors.
- Customers may transfer their child at any point in the session. All class transfers are dependent upon space availability.
- Make-ups are done on a space available basis. Make-ups do not carry over into the next session. No refunds will be given for missed classes.
- No spaces in any class are guaranteed without payment as full payments are due at the time of registration. All registrations are on a first-come, first-serve basis
Annual Membership fee of $10 is required for all participants.
Minimum of three children per class. If less than three are signed up after the third week, then you will be required to choose another time or choose a refund if the class is canceled.
Join at any time – classes are always prorated.
Lil’ Kicker jersey included each session with registration.
- If you would like to purchase an additional jersey, they are $15.00.
- All first time trial classes are free of charge.
- Field House waiver will need to be completed before stepping onto the field.
- Customers may only do trials in classes that have space available.
Refunds will ONLY be given if a class has been canceled.
Refunds are not issued due to missed classes. If a child stops coming, a credit to the FFH may be issued, pending approval.