Skills Institute: Soccer
A USSF & US Youth Soccer Aligned Approach to Development
Soccer Development for All Ages
This personalized, adaptive approach to teaching fundamental soccer skills, when combined with the Skills Institutes’ low player-to-coach ratio, results in a fun, fast-paced learning environment that inspires players to achieve their personal goals as athletes, whether playing on club or school teams, or playing pick-up soccer with friends.
We have also recently reformed our curriculum to the USSF’s U.S. Soccer Curriculum. This age-appropriate instructional framework helps to guide over-all player development in technical skill, tactical knowledge, physical ability, and social & psychological awareness. With this approach we can provide age-appropriate clinics and classes that directly meet the needs and of local clubs and youth soccer associations. Our classes and clinics are timely too, because we try to schedule them to accommodate the schedules and tryouts of most local youth soccer associations. That’s why the Skills Institute is a great fit for a wide variety of players, including first-time players, Lil’ Kickers graduates who are looking to join local youth soccer teams, and club players looking for a leg up in progressing to higher levels of competition.
The Skills Institute has a foundational approach to training the youth of today in a fun, safe environment, that meets kids at their entry point and develops them for the next level.
To learn more about Lil’ Kickers Skills Institute program, visit www.lilkickers.com/skills-institute-u6-u13-soccer-development.
Developmental Benefits to Small-Sided Soccer:
- Climate control (no exposure to outdoor elements/weather)
- Fast paced game with minimal stoppages
- More touches on the ball per player
- Improved fitness levels
- Develop small group defending, attacking, and transition
- Improves players individual skills
- Kids love it and find indoor soccer to be “fun”
- Encourage quicker speed of play
Space is limited to allow for a more personalized experience.
Administrative fee required ($10 per person)
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Youth Development Director, Seth Perdue, at email@example.com.
*Click the + buttons on the right of the name to expand the description.
Level 1: Ages 5-6, 7-8, 9-12
Focus will be on the basic fundamentals of player development through: dribbling, passing, shooting, trapping, and how to use each skill effectively in a game. Level 1 will take players through a challenging 50 minute weekly session of fundamental skill building and competitive drills/games to develop self-confidence in practices and game situations.
- Classes are once per week and are 50 minutes long.
- Times and classes are subject to change.
- Dangerous, disruptive or disrespectful behaviors will be dealt with case-by-case and could result in the loss of privilege to participate. No refunds or credits will be issued if your child is unable to participate due to negative behaviors.
- Customers may transfer their child at any point in the session. All class transfers are dependent upon space availability.
- Make-ups are done on a space available basis. Make-ups do not carry over into the next session. No refunds will be given for missed classes.
- No spaces in any class are guaranteed without payment as full payments are due at the time of registration. All registrations are on a first-come, first-serve basis
Annual Membership fee of $10 is required for all participants.
Minimum of three children per class. If less than three are signed up after the third week, then you will be required to choose another time or choose a refund if the class is canceled.
Join at any time – classes are always prorated.
Skills Institute jersey included each session with registration.
- If you would like to purchase an additional jersey, they are $15.00.
- All first time trial classes are free of charge.
- Field House waiver will need to be completed before stepping onto the field.
- Customers may only do trials in classes that have space available.
Refunds will ONLY be given if a class has been canceled.
Refunds are not issued due to missed classes. If a child stops coming, a credit to the FFH may be issued, pending approval.