Bunnies classes introduce toddlers to soccer with games that allow them to run, play as a group and kick a ball. They gain basic soccer skills while building fundamental skills such as balance and coordination. Classes incorporate activities that are geared toward a toddler’s unique way of learning and include parachutes, bubbles, noodles, cones, lots of goal scoring, and more.
- Bunnies classes are 50 minutes long
- Parent participation is required
- The ratio for Bunnies classes is 15:1 w/ parents on the field
Thumpers (2-3 Years) – Parent & Child Classes
Parents and kids, led by one of our instructors, play organized games together to develop listening skills, balance, ball skills, and foot-eye coordination. Thumpers is the ideal next step for Bunnies veterans who are not yet old enough for the Hoppers level and a perfect introduction to Lil’ Kickers for new players.
- Thumpers classes are 50 minutes long
- Parent participation is required
- The ratio for Thumpers classes is 12:1 w/parents on the field
Cottontails (2.5-3.5 Years) – Parent & Child Classes
Cottontails is a class designed for children who are ready for more of a challenge than a Thumpers class, but who are not quite ready to be on the field without a parent or caregiver. The Cottontails curriculum is designed to build fundamental skills such as balance, coordination, and ball kicking. Cottontails classes also offer another component-helping your child build a sense of independence. As children progress through the session and become ready for more independence, parents can choose to transition to a less active role in the class.
- Cottontails classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Cottontails is 7:1 w/parents on the field
Hoppers (3-4 Years) – Beginners
Hoppers classes are designed to be fun and fast-paced. Classes focus on increasing balancing skills, coordination, and fundamental soccer skills. We utilize creative games and help kids develop listening skills, cooperation, and teamwork. Hoppers classes are the first class where children participate independently.
- Hoppers classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Hoppers classes is 7:1
Jackrabbits (3-4 Years) – Intermediate
Jackrabbits classes are designed to help transition children into non-competitive team play. Children play creative games to develop fundamental soccer skills and will also be introduced to more one-ball-oriented games and scrimmaging. The focus of the scrimmages will be to help players understand how to apply skills in different situations and build teamwork. Some small-sided non-competitive soccer games are introduced.
- Jackrabbits classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Jackrabbits is 7:1
Big Feet (5-6 Years) – Beginners
Big Feet classes are for five and six-year-olds who have never played soccer. These classes concentrate on giving beginning kids a set of basic soccer skills (dribbling, passing, trapping, scoring) and some confidence on the field. Kids will be introduced to the ideas of sportsmanship and team play. Kids will play small-sided, non-competitive soccer games to help prepare them for Micro Classes.
- Big Feet classes are 50 minutes long
- The ratio for Big Feet classes is 12:1
Micro 4/5 (4-5 years)
Micro Classes are developmental and non-competitive for intermediate kids ages 4-9 years, designed to enhance individual and team skills, emphasizing fun and safety. Micro Classes are for kids who have played soccer in Lil Kickers or another program. Format
- 50 minutes of class time with 15-20 minutes of instruction and 20-25 minutes of scrimmaging
- Teams will field no more than four players at a time
- Everyone gets equal playing time
- There will be no goalies
- We will not keep score or league standings
- The ratio for Micro Class is 12:1
Micro 8/9 (8-9 years)
Micro 6/9 classes are for eight and nine-year-olds with previous soccer experience who are ready for more of a challenge. Classes balance using fun games and technical drills with non-competitive scrimmaging to teach weekly new skills.
- Micro 6/9 classes are 50 minutes with 15-20 minutes of instruction and 20-25 minutes of non-competitive scrimmaging.
- The class ratio is 12:1.